Saturday 8 September 2012

The Beginning...

 She sits up high, surrounded by the sun. One million branches and she loves every one. ♥ Mom & Dad, did you search for me? I've been up here so long, I'm going crazy. Hold on till May

“A girl I used to date once told me that her parents neglected her as a child. She remembered climbing this tree in her backyard and hiding from them just to see if they would look for her, or even notice that she was gone. I always thought it was such a sad story and I wrote this song for her. It also talks about the ups and downs in the relationship we’ve had recently.”
— Vic Fuentes explaining the meaning behind ‘Hold On till May’



I'm really happy with how this came out so far. I found the acoustic version while browsing through posts on tumblr, and his explanation was in the description. I thought it was so beautiful, and couldn't believe that I didn't realize the deeper meaning behind this song despite listening to the entire album dozens and dozens of times on repeat. There is so much more that I want to do with this piece, the main thing is color it. Unfortunately, I'm so scared that I'm going to mess it up beyond recovery, since I don't have any photoshop programs on my computer. Well, I also need to ink it. That's going to take a lot of time. Probably more time than actually drawing it. The thing with ink is I have to be really careful to control the flow of it as best I can. Otherwise I'll get ink blots over the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment